From: rhelv5-list-boun...@redhat.com [mailto:rhelv5-list-boun...@redhat.com] On
Behalf Of Alan McKay
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 10:20 AM
To: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (Tikanga) discussion mailing-list
Subject: [rhelv5-list] dedup fs

Hey folks,

I have a 14TB disk array that I want to use for rsnapshot backups, and am
considering putting a dedup FS onto it.  I know I've got about a TB of
duplication, at least.  And it is not easy to remove manually.

Google lands me LessFS and SDFS as the prime candidates.  I'm running
RHEL5.8 if that matters.

thanks,
-Alan

--
"Don't eat anything you've ever seen advertised on TV"