>I'm having problems getting the eth devices numbered as I'd like them
>so 2 nodes of a cluster will match.
>
>One server had a 2nd NIC added after the OS was installed, and that
>seems to have wreaked havoc.
>
>This seems to have a bunch of different suggestions:
>http://www.science.uva.nl/research/air/wiki/LogicalInterfaceNames
>
>What concerns me is that I'm going to have 2 interfaces that will be
>part of a bond, so I don't know if I can work reliably using the MAC
>address.

If you are using bonding, you pretty much need to have the proper HWADDR lines
in your ifcfg-eth* files otherwise bad things will happen.  So in that sense,
you should have no issues using that to rename the devices (although, I'm not
sure why you need them the same if there is a bond on top of them).

>I noticed modprobe.conf was wrong, so fixed that, but I think I'm
>still seeing the numbering being different between host A and B.
>
>Any ideas/comments?  Can I rely on the MAC address to hardcode the
>device number when I'm using bonding?
>
>Marco

This email communication and any files transmitted with it may contain
confidential and or proprietary information and is provided for the use of the
intended recipient only. Any review, retransmission or dissemination of this
information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete this
communication and any copies immediately. Thank you.

http://www.encana.com