Not One Damn Dime Day
Inauguration Day, Thursday, January 20th, 2005

For 24 hours people are asked to boycott Wal-Mart, Kmart, Target, etc,. not
go to the mall or the local convenience store and not buy any fast food (or
any groceries at all for that matter).    The object is simple. Remind the
people in power that the war in Iraq is immoral and illegal; that they are
responsible for starting it and that it is their responsibility to stop it.
It is to remind them, too, that they work for the people of the United
States of America, not for the international corporations and K Street
lobbyists who represent the corporations and funnel cash into American
politics.
There's no rally to attend. No marching to do. No left or right wing agenda
to rant about. On "Not One Damn Dime Day" you take action by doing nothing.
You open your mouth by keeping your wallet closed. For 24 hours, nothing
gets spent, not one damn dime, to remind our religious leaders and our
politicians of their moral responsibility to end the war in Iraq and give
America back to the people.

Diaries :: cosmic debris's diary ::
I received this notice this morning from the local chapter of Democracy for
America. I initially posted this to an open thread, but someone suggested I
post to a diary as well to give the story more exposure.
So here's my first diary, by golly. If anyone reads this and cares to
comment, perhaps other ideas could be suggested for inauguration day. There
will be a peaceful march in my town that day. I've heard people will burn
their dry X-mas trees in protest, or turn their backs at the time of the
inaugural. What are you going to do?

    -----
   / o o \
http://pnews.org/ (links)