Garth Cartledge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 But here in Australia our government took us into that war
following Bush's war wagon despite the fact that 70% of Australians were
against it.

    Do you have a parliamentary system?   Can the Prime Minister get a vote of
no confidence?   I thought that parliamentary democracies could change
leadership more often than Americans could.    A lot of Americans are pretty
depressed right now, because, barring a miracle, we appear to be stuck with
Bush for four years.  What a ghastly thought!

    I read that Midnight Oil's Peter Garrett is a Member of Parliament.    I
love his music and his lyrics, so that interested me.  Is he very active in
Parliament?    I hope so.

     -----
    / o o \
http://pnews.org/ (links)