I used ephemeral storage without any improvement.

Also iotop and iostat did not show any saturation.

After talking with Sean Cribbs on IRC, I tried disabling nagle in riak
config, changed IO scheduler to noop, decreased cache size to 1 MB from 372
MB, removed load balancer.

After doing all this too, there was absolutely no change in throughput.

For Basho bench, I used examples/riakc_pb.config.

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012, Reid Draper <reiddra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 26, 2012, at 11:48 AM, David Smith wrote:
>
>> What does your basho_bench config file look like?
>>
>> Seeing a low number of ops/sec is usually an indicator that you're
>> hitting a bottleneck on the I/O path -- typically due to random reads.
>> LevelDB has a number of characteristics that can make this worse --
>> what happens if you use bitcask?
>>
>> D.
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 4:57 AM, Yousuf Fauzan <yousuffau...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Here is my setup of Riak 1.1.4
>>>
>>> 5 Nodes
>>> ami-a29943cb (EC2 AMI)
>>> m1.large (7.5GB Ram, 4 EC2 compute instances)
>>> EBS storage
> I'd recommend giving ephemeral storage a shot as well. It tends to have
significantly less variable performance than EBS.