Wu Ray <mjollnir....@gmail.com> wrote:

wr> Thanks. what's more, I want to know if there is best practice for
wr> performance in this special situation, such as avoiding to do
wr> something, etc.

With Riak right now, the best choice is to avoid arbitrary bucket names
and use a small (or one) bucket that can support the bucket properties
that you need (e.g., secondary indexes).

If you don't mind writing a little Erlang code, there's nothing that
says that bucket properties must be specified by exact bucket name.  A
modest amount of modfied code could apply certain properties to all
buckets that had "FOO2I" as a prefix.  The simplest would be to hardcode
those properties, but it would be quite easily to use the <<"FOO2I">>
bucket's properties in the ring (using the existing Riak code) and apply
those props to all "FOO2I"-prefixed keys.  Sorry that prefixing scheme
isn't baked-in today.

-Scott