From: Jeremiah Peschka [mailto:jeremiah.pesc...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 9:10 AM
To: Kevin Burton
Cc: <riak-users@lists.basho.com>
Subject: Re: Cluster on startup.

---

Jeremiah Peschka

Founder, Brent Ozar Unlimited

On Nov 7, 2012, at 6:45 AM, "Kevin Burton" <rkevinbur...@charter.net> wrote:

Thank you this will help. I am a little new to the administration of init.d.
What do I need to edit to remove the startup of the Riak instance? What should
be changed to the init.d to run the script on boot up? I notice that the script
only has functions.

You should consult your Linux distribution for helpful hints on doing this.
This[1] may be of some help.

[1]: http://www.unixtutorial.org/2009/01/disable-service-startup-in-ubuntu/

How are the functions used?

You'd use those functions the same way you would use any other Linux command.

You also do ‘ulimit –n 1024’. On installation I received a warning that 1024
was too low. Should the ulimit be changed?

Yes. You'll rapidly run into problems with open file handles, especially with
multiple Riak nodes on the same box.

Thanks again.