Thanks.,that helps...

So..what happens if  I have in existing path on a smaller drive and I
attach a new volume and switch?  In essence looking for best practice on
how ot handle this.

Is it better to do a rolling upgrade where I start new machines fresh with
1T then remove the smaller nodes 1 by one?  So...I have three nodes with 20
gigs each.  Increase to 6 nodes.  Then one one by remove the old nod and
now back to three with 1T each.  It does seem that a rolling upgrade
involves much less risk.

Thanks