Victor,

What I suspect is happening is that only one of the IP addresses you
are passing to addHosts() is actually accepting connections /
reachable.

The way the ClusterClient works, an operation is going to be retried
on failure (up to three times by default) and as long as the node that
actually is reachable / accepting connections gets tried, this is
going to be hidden from you.

You can test this by changing the retry behavior when you query. For example:

Bucket b = client.fetchBucket("bucket").execute();

for (int i = 0; i < 5; i++)
{
    b.fetch("key").withRetrier(new DefaultRetrier(0)).execute();
}

Thanks,
- Roach