A "set" may not be a good solution if you have many counters getting
updated at once and you should do the sorting (if possible) before saving
the "set" back into RIAK.

The goal scoring was a very simple/small example... but imagine you want to
do Twitter's Trending Topics counting which twits has more comments (if we
have a "comments" counter)... will be too massive to save it all in a "set".

I guess that MapReduce will be the way in this case.

Cheers,
Alex