From: Ciprian Manea [mailto:cipr...@basho.com]
Sent: 12 February 2015 11:26
To: Simon Hartley
Cc: riak-users@lists.basho.com
Subject: Re: Simple 3 node test cluster eating all my memory

Hi Simon,

Looking at this problem from another angle, a ring size of 128 is too large for
just 3 servers with 4 GB RAM each. For instance when dimensioning a cluster
with LevelDB backend we recommend our customers to observe the calculations on
this spreadsheet [0].

Filling the above spreadsheet with your system's details (3 nodes, 4 GB RAM) we
get a ring-size of 16 for the riak cluster. Would you be able to recreate the
cluster with ring-size 16 and test again?

[0]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnW_U8Qe8NdYdGk2V3Qza0VRNkxyRFNGUVVCV0c3V3c&usp=sharing#gid=0

Thanks,
Ciprian

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Simon Hartley