Hi Zeeshan, Ok, will do that and report back as soon as I have it.. Might take a while though because I first also have to figure out whether I have still the same issue or not.. ;)
Thanks! Michael 2015-03-25 16:56 GMT+01:00 Zeeshan Lakhani <[email protected]>: > Hey Michael, > > Ideally, for this “testing" setup, n_val=2 would be the effective choice. > I’d create a new bucket_type/bucket and re-PUT your data in and test search > again to be sure. > > Let me know. Thanks. > > Zeeshan Lakhani > programmer | > software engineer at @basho | > org. member/founder of @papers_we_love | paperswelove.org > twitter => @zeeshanlakhani > > On Mar 25, 2015, at 11:02 AM, Michael Weibel <[email protected]> > wrote: > > Hi Zeeshan, > > Thanks for your answer. > >> Just to be sure, does your custom schema include the required fields, as >> mentioned in the docs: >> http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/dev/advanced/search-schema/#Custom-Schemas? >> > > Yes, I double checked that now to make sure, and the schema includes the > required fields. > > >> Are these Riak nodes joined? What’s your ring size, n_val value? >> > > They run in a cluster, yes. Output of "riak-admin status": > > ring_creation_size : 64 > ring_members : ['riak@IPADDRESS','riak@IPADDRESS'] > ring_num_partitions : 64 > ring_ownership : <<"[{'riak@IPADDRESS',32},{'riak@IPADDRESS',32}]">> > rings_reconciled : 0 > rings_reconciled_total : 33 > > n_val is 3, the initial one. According to the docs we should probably > either add another node or reduce it to "2" though..correct? (Sorry, newbie > in riak here :D) > > >> How are you querying the Solr nodes to know which node has the data and >> which one doesn't? Coverage is R=1, so you would be getting a different >> number on some search queries (using the standard >> /search/query/<index_name>?...) if its only on one of the Solr cores. >> > > Yes exactly. That's how I figured out that there's a difference, later on > I queried the separate Solr instances using the solr admin interface > itself. I also then fetched the missing key on both the riak nodes (without > going to solr, just fetching it directly using the riak HTTP API) and they > exist on both nodes. > > >> Can you also post me a screenshot of your search AAE exchanges, e.g. >> `riak-admin search aae-status`? You could look at this thread, >> http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2015-March/016926.html, >> for answers on how to perform read-repair/repair the AAE tree. >> > > aae-status is in the .log file attached. > > So you'd propose to perform a read-repair on the AAE tree? > > Best, > Michael > > > >> >> Thanks. >> >> Zeeshan Lakhani >> programmer | >> software engineer at @basho | >> org. member/founder of @papers_we_love | paperswelove.org >> twitter => @zeeshanlakhani >> >> On Mar 25, 2015, at 6:42 AM, Michael Weibel <[email protected]> >> wrote: >> >> Hi all, >> >> I have on a test environment two riak nodes and each of them has solr >> activated which index 3 buckets using a custom schema. >> After testing a bit back and forth, I have the case that on one solr >> node, an entry is not in the index (I know in which node though). >> Fetching the specific key in the bucket works however, both nodes have >> the respective entry. >> >> 1) How can this happen? I don't see any error/warning in the logs >> (neither solr nor riak logs). >> 2) Is there a possibility to fix this without having to do e.g. a PUT on >> the specific key with the same content in order to update it? >> >> I tried to run a repair on the failing node using the guide: >> http://docs.basho.com/riak/1.4.7/ops/running/recovery/repairing-indexes/#Repairing-Search-Indexes >> When running the repair command on the partitions I received, it gave me >> however a [{<PartitionId>, down}, {...}] response, which gives me an >> uncomfortable feeling, but I didn't really figure out yet what this means >> exactly. >> >> Thanks a lot for your help :) >> >> Best, >> Michael >> _______________________________________________ >> riak-users mailing list >> [email protected] >> http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com >> >> >> > <riak-admin-aae-status.log> > > >
_______________________________________________ riak-users mailing list [email protected] http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
