We have not done any work to support the multi-backend, hence the error you’re
seeing. TS depends exclusively on leveldb.

We’re not recommending the use of KV functionality in the TS product yet,
because the latter is still changing rapidly and we will need to go back and
fix some basic KV mechanisms. We’re also not yet sure of the performance
characteristics if both KV and TS are in use under heavy load.

In short: I apologize, but we’re not really ready to support your use case yet.

-John