On Mon, Apr 3, 2017, at 22:20, Matthew Von-Maszewski wrote:

> Rohit,

> My apologies for the delayed reply.  Too many conflicting demands on
> my time the past two weeks.
>

> I reviewed the riak-debug package you shared.  I also discussed its
> contents with other Riak developers.
>

> There does not appear to be anything unexpected.  The anti_entropy
> bloat is due to the bitcask backend not actively communicating TTL
> expirations to AAE.  This is a known issue.  Similarly, bitcask is not
> communicating TTL expirations to solr.  (The leveldb backend recently
> added expiry / TTL.  And it fails the same way in this scenario as
> bitcask.)
>

> We have engineering designs in the works that will eventually correct
> this situation.  But the designs do not translate to code that you can
> use today.  My apologies.

Hi Matthew,

I've been experiencing the same kind of issues on some application
prototype I'm working on. I tried using leveldb backend (through multi-
backend) with TTL, coupled to Riak Search, and indeed Solr data are
not deleted.

Do you know if there is any ticket to follow ? (I searched for a github
issue but couldn't find any), or any rough ETA on a fix on this ?
Also, are there any best practises about deleting data from KV and
Solr, especially, is search.queue.batch.minimum taken in account when
deleting keys ?

Thanks,

Damien

> --> The 100% accurate approach today is to disable bitcask's TTL and
> create external jobs that prune your data via Delete operations.  Yes,
> this is going to create a bunch of extra disk operations.  But I am
> being honest.
>

> --> You could reduce only the anti_entropy disk usage by changing the
> "anti_entropy" setting in riak.conf from "active" to "passive".  But
> this does nothing for solr.
>

> Matthew

>> On Mar 22, 2017, at 10:56 AM, Matthew Von-Maszewski
>> <matth...@basho.com> wrote:
>>

>> Rohit,

>> Would you please run “riak-debug” on one server from the command line
>> and send the tar.gz file it creates directly to me.  Do not copy the
>> email list.
>>

>> Notes on its usage are here:
>> http://docs.basho.com/riak/kv/2.2.1/using/cluster-operations/inspecting-node/#riak-debug
>>

>> The resulting debug package will give me and others at Basho a better
>> picture of the problem.  The alternative is a about twenty rounds of
>> “what about this, oh, then what about that”.
>>

>> Thanks,

>> Matthew

>>> On Mar 21, 2017, at 9:53 PM, Rohit Sanbhadti

>>> Matthew,