From:          "Alexandros Lappas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:       new Windows GSAS: PROBLEMS
Date:          Thu, 2 Aug 2001 11:02:23 +0300

Dear All,

Till recently I was using a 'no-name' Pentium II PC and Windows-98 to run routinely
GSAS through the QBASIC interface. This was the GSAS version of 'June 2000'.

Now I thought I would be better off if I would upgrade my PC and also the version of
the GSAS!

I downloaded then the 'June 2001' version of GSAS on my new HP Pentium III laptop
running also Windows-98... and basically I can not find a way to make GSAS work!

I did follow the instructions given in the 'readme' file on how to install the new
Windows GSAS.
However, I only managed to open the PC-GSAS interface by running the  shortcut on the
windows desktop. Anything else does not work!
If I try to read an older gsas experiment file and then try to do 'Expedt', I never
get that MS-DOS window that permits us to work on experiment modification. A similar
thing happens if I try to do '
Is there some simple solution on these problems of mine or do you think they are
related to some kind of 'restrictions' imposed by the HP-laptop hardware?

Thank you in advance.

A. Lappas

  Dr. Alexandros Lappas
  Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas (FORTH)
  Institute of Electronic Structure and Laser (IESL)
  P.O. Box 1527
  Vassilika Vouton
  711 10 Heraklion, Crete
  GREECE