Stephen and Bob,

The issue very simply is once you define a site as 'x,y,z', are -x, -y, and -z
all used in the definition of other sites in the group? If so the origin has
been defined. If not the origin is arbitrary in those directions lacking a minus
sign on their operator. This may be over simplifying things, but it might clear
up some of this discussion.

For P2/n the 2-fold axis defines the x and z origin and the n-glide defines the
y origin.

Allen C. Larson