Dear William,

Thank you for your kind suggestion.

Well, our XRD is not a very new model, we use a fixed divergent slit, receving
slit and antiscattering slits. But I need to check them whether the divergent
and anti-scattering slits are in the same sizes. When I added the anti-scatter
slit, the bump did reduce in size but still there. In this case, can you teach
me what precautions we need to concern when the Ni-filter, beam mask, sample
holder (glass plate) and the receiving slits are used?

I will make some reading as well, however I do willing to hear some practical
experience from XRD users.

many thanks,

stephen chui