On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:28:48 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Dear Crystallographers,
>I have a problem with the refinement of a structure in which
>both sharp and broadened peaks appear in the neutron powder
>diffraction profile. The broadening of low intensity peaks
>is probably due to the existence of a supestructure.
>To my knowledge in GSAS it's not possible to perform the
>structural refinement of the same phase with two kinds of
>profile model functions, one for sharp peaks and the other
>for broadened peaks (I already saw that the function n.4 by
>Stephens doesn't match my case).
>Does anybody can suggest me some other softwares (possibly
>free) to solve my problem?
Dear Marco,
BGMN fits your problem. Using its structure description language,
you may set arbitrary hkl-dependencies to the peak widths.
Since January, an academic price for BGMN/BGMNwin is available. See:
www.bgmn.de

Regards

Joerg Bergmann, Dresden
*** This EComStation system uptime is 2 days 22 hours ***