I was actually not questioning the pricing policy of the PDF database, sorry for the confusion! What I was questioning was whether it would be a valid option to have that single desktop computer with the PDF database (paid by me for my research group), which is in my students' office and used by my students for their data analysis, could be legally running a Crystallographica student license! So, I am looking forward to Alex' answer (and will be glad to share his answer with anybody who might be interested, too).

Cora