Hi Brian,

As you are a Mac user - there is a program called LaTeXiT which allows you to
simply write out equations in Latex and then you can drag and drop the output
into a program such as powerpoint. There will be no need to play around with
fonts.

http://ktd.club.fr/programmation/latexit_en.php

Regards
Will