Bob

I agree that ESD or FXY[E] appear to be the best units to use, but you can't
always dictate which format you receive your data in...

So with the STD format, the total number of counts for a point is given by
counter*intensity and the esd is given by sqrt(intensity/counter)?

Also, going on with your comment about the FXYE format, is TOFT still
centidegrees*32 (as per the manual) or just plain centidegrees?

Cheers

Matthew

Matthew Rowles

CSIRO Minerals