Dear Rietvelders....

What is the most complete and authoritative source for issues such as
profile function definitions, what is their scientific basis, and when
are they appropriate to use, etc.?  I am guessing there is not
one-stop-shop solution (Young's book? GSAS manual? Rietveld list
archive?) but advice on this would be helpful.

I wonder if we should, as a community, put some of this stuff on
wikipedia, or another such place.  In other words, distill the
community's collective knowledge in a single place that can be updated
in the future, and also curated for correctness also by the community.
What are people's thoughts on this?  Rietveldipedia?

Prof. Simon Billinge
Applied Physics & Applied Mathematics
Columbia University
500 West 120th Street