Hello, I am studying a refractory metal Laves phase (Cr-Cr2X-based) system. My alloys arc arc melted an annealed. Hence it has a typical dendritic microstructure. The two phases in the material are Cr-rich and the intermetallic Cr2X. The Cr phase has a bcc and the intermetallic has a complex C14 (Strukturbericht designation) crystal structures.

Now I am a GSAS user. In doing structure refinement of my system using Rietveld method, the problem that I am having, currently, is that I am not able to fit the intensities of all the peaks present, particularly the strongest relections from the Cr-peaks and some peaks of the other Laves phase, which is why I am only reading off the lattice parameters from my fit and nothing else apart from that. I have not tried imposing any 'preferred orientation' on the material, however, since mine one is simply as-cast and annealed.

Can you suggest a way out to make this work, please?

kind regards
--
Ayan Bhowmik
PhD student