I concur, I wouldn't try generating the LZX on demand. However, if you
must, use a Cache setup and a high timeout like 5 / 10 minutes for the
requests. That way the performance hit is only once every 5 or 10
minutes (note that your memory requirments go up --the classic
Computer Science Memory vs. Processor gig).

Cheers,
  Tyler