Geert,

As always, thx for the quick response;

> 1// how do i locate which bean a particular quantity maps to when the
> form is submitted;
> 1.1// changing the form method to a GET, with 2 items in the cart (one
> with qty 1, the other with 4), i get a submission uri that looks like:
> http://localhost:8080/$%7Bv%20SUBMISSION:FORM:submit/%7D?
> quantity=1&quantity=4&update.x=34&update.y=17

These should normally respect the order of the beans that you used to
create the cart items. Can you use that? Another alternative is to
add a hidden form tag with the id of the bean.

Yes, I figured that the order is maintained and yes that works; i
guess what I am kinda wondering is how I to get validation/error
marking working with my current template.

> 2// is there a way to use the id of the input with form submissions
> 2.1//rife doesn't seem to allow nested value tags.. ideally, i wanted
> to use the id of the cartitem as it's id. so, it would have been nice
> to be ablel to do:
> ${v FORM:INPUT:quantity}id="${v id/}" style="text-align: right;"
> maxlength="3" size="3"${/v}, but rife barfs at this.

${v FORM:INPUT:quantity}id="${v id/}" style="text-align: right;"
maxlength="3" size="3"${/v}

can be written as
${v FORM:INPUT:quantity/}
${bv FORM:INPUT:quantity}id="${v id/}" style="text-align: right;"
maxlength="3" size="3"${/bv}

that should give you what you're looking for

yup; perfect! thx

Added support for nested value tags is planned but I sadly haven't
got enough time to get everything done. RIFE could really benefit
from some new framework developers ;-)

true.. it's been crazy busy around here (which is why even petstore is
still not up); but plans to add/improve bits of the framework have
alywas been right up there :)

thx,
Emmanuel

--
Benjamin Disraeli - "Nurture your minds with great thoughts. To
believe in the heroic makes heroes."