Quoting Geert Bevin:

> >>Hmm that shouldn't be too hard to add.
> >>Maybe you could take a crack at it ;-)
> >
> >Then there really _would_ be bidirectional templates !
> >
> >And there's plenty of Javascript "out there" for clicking
> >to add a new row to a table.  Then table/list editing could
> >be done 100% locally before POST'ing it.
>
> Not really sure I'm following you :-/

It's always possible that I'm full of balonie  :)

> How does Javascript fit in this picture, or how does this interact
> with bidirectionality?

Rife Forms are truly bidirectional, and can use HTML field validation too.

Rife also makes it easy to append to Value tags, in order to generate HTML
tables with N rows.

But is it possible to generate a Form with N rows, by appending additional
rows, where each row is another instance of the same bean type ?  That would
make it possible to have N-record Forms that are bidirectional and that use
HTML field validation.  Then the next logical step is to attach some JS that
adds an (N+1)th record at the end of the Form.

Is this making any sense ?  Isn't this more or less what is under discussion,
or did I manage to miss the point entirely ?

BR

fred

--
F.Baube                *
Georgetown/MSFS/1988   *  Think pangalactically.