I'd like to propose a new template tag for comments. Example:

<r:c> This block is displayed when the user's balance is close to zero. </r:c>

<r:b name="lowBalanceWarning">
   Are you sure you want to buy that new car?
</r:b>

Anything inside the <r:c> tag (aka ${c}, etc.) will be ignored.

I frequently find myself wanting to document the internals of my templates and right now the only way to do it is to define a fake block that isn't actually used -- which to my eye just makes the template look *more* confusing.

Actually what I'd most prefer is to be able to use the normal <!-- notation, but obviously there may be cases where you want to actually output an HTML comment to the browser, so that's no good for a "comment that RIFE strips out" tag.

-Steve