However, I think it would be nice to be able to feed a fake HttpServletRequest into the out-of-container test system to test this sort of thing. There's no inherent reason why you have to be running in a container to instantiate an HttpServletRequest implementation and pass it to an element, right?

The Spring guys do lots of request mocking in the unit tests for their MVC code. Here's the Javadoc URL for their mock class:

http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/1.2.x/api/org/springframework/mock/web/MockHttpServletRequest.html

-Steve

Geert Bevin wrote:
Hi Harun,

there's not really a way since the point of the testing API is that it runs outside of any servlet container. Your only option would be to embed a servlet container, like Jetty, and do that part of the testing through there. RIFE does this itself for quite a number of its tests, you can look at the sources to see how it's done.

Hope this helps,

Geert