Great, thanks !  I'll take a look.

Henk

Steven Grimm wrote:
FYI, I just checked something into the RIFE trunk to address this. The next nightly snapshot should have it, or you can pull it down from Subversion if you're really anxious. You can put this scheduler job in place:

<task classname="com.uwyn.rife.database.DbProbeExecutor" frequency="* * * * *">
       <option name="datasource">mysql</option>
   </task>

to probe all your connections on the datasource called "mysql" once a minute (adjust the "frequency" option to change that, of course).

-Steve

henk wrote:
Hi,

I read in the archives that it is a known problem that mysql after, say, eight hours closes its connections. I also understand the solution is not to be expected soon. But I was wondering if anybody has some clear solution for this (or an example). If I implement an Executor that does some cheap sql call every hour or so, will this be sufficient to keep the thing alive ?

Thanks

Henk