Hi Maxim,

I'm starting to use RIFE and have some question:

Welcome to the list and I hope we can help you out with your questions!

First portion for authorization:

1. I create users memory authorization (i read about it here
http://rifers.org/wiki/display/RIFE/Authentication+system+internals)

but i didn't find there anything about logout.

How can i implement logout ?

http://rifers.org/wiki/display/RIFE/Logout+element+flavours

2. is it possible that some pages will be accessible for some roles
not just one ?

This is currently not supported by the standard RIFE RoleUsers authentication implementation. You can however customize the current way of working by extending the RoleUserAuthenticated element and the associated managers. I realize that this is too much work, and probably too complicated for a new-comer to the framework, so please file an issue about this in Jira and I'll see about getting it implemented.

Database question:

I created simple site with database integration based on Friend
example from Rife

<participant param="sites/config.xml">ParticipantConfig</ participant> <participant param="sites/ datasources.xml">ParticipantDatasources</participant> <participant param="sites/users.xml">ParticipantMemoryUsers</ participant>
    <participant param="frnews-web.xml">ParticipantSite</participant>

And when i want to create tables, i receive NPE in this construction:
        public FrNewsManager() {
super(Datasources.getRepInstance().getDatasource (Config.getRepInstance().getString("DATASOURCE")));
        }

Here's stack trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.frnews.web.rife.db.FrNewsManager.<init>(FrNewsManager.java:17)
at com.frnews.web.rife.element.Install.doConfirmation(Install.java:41)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at com.uwyn.rife.engine.ElementContext.processContext (ElementContext.java:450)

I run in debug mode and found that in com.uwyn.rife.rep.Rep class function "public static
Participant getParticipant(String name)" returns null. Rep has
nullable sDefaultRepository.

The most strange thing that during application initialization
sDefaultRepository is set but then it becomes nullable.

i don't what it is bug in rife 1.5.1 or resin 3.0.21 or maybe i did
something wrong. Any ideas ?

I think this was answered on IRC, right? When you run it from within IDEA this happens, but not with standalone Resin, correct?

Best regards,

Geert

--
Geert Bevin