Geert,
   I think I confused you.  How can I get the name of a template from the
html?  Do I need to have the Element set a value to get it or is there some
special syntax to get the template name within the html?  We'll start there.

Take care,

Jeremy

On 12/2/06, Geert Bevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

> 1.  Can a template, in the html, get at it's name?  (The thing used
> in getHtmlTemplate(<HERE>))

Use the getName() method ;-)
http://rifers.org/docs/api/com/uwyn/rife/template/
Template.html#getName()

> 2.  How can I make my RIFE application change paths, or urls as
> specified in the site.xml for each element, without breaking links
> to resources?  (I am not using hard links to things like css,
> javascript and images.  So when my path goes from /home to /
> something/else, my css, images and javascript are not found)

Write them in an absolute fashion and use the WEBAPP:ROOTURL value tag:
http://rifers.org/wiki/display/RIFE/Automatic+web+application+root+URL
+substitution

Note that any inter-element URLs should be generated by RIFE using
the EXIT:QUERY, EXIT:FORM, EXIT:PARAMS, SUBMISSION:QUERY,
SUBMISSION:FORM and SUBMISSION:PARAMS tags. You'll find more info
about those on the wiki.

> 3.  What is the best way to make the template html files reference
> the web resources like css, javascript and images when not being
> deployed to Jetty?  (I am using the typical layout for a Java
> webapp with static resources at the root of the .war)

Same as above.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Geert