Maybe since you use Java 1.6 on your Windows machine, the compiled classes on the Solaris machine with Java 1.5 didn't run in the same way.

On 18 Apr 2007, at 15:10, GODAWSKI Francis wrote:

OK, apparently my windows machine was using java 1.6 while the solaris
machine used 1.5.
I didn't use anything specific to 1.6 though, and I don't think your
framework does either (at least the version I'm using).

But switching to 1.6 has solved the problem.
My bad.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Geert Bevin
Sent: woensdag 18 april 2007 0:43
To: RIFE users list : questions, bug reports and suggestions.
Subject: Re: [Rife-users] Weird error

Hi Francis,

I think your best bet is to try to figure out the differences
between
the Windows and the Solaris box in terms of installed versions and
such and lingering classes. Usually, when 'weird errors' like this
persist and are inexplicable it turns out to be a classpath problem
(which I doubt in your case), wrong or outdated classes, etc etc. I
can't think of other reasons why this would happen.

Good luck,

Geert