Hi Eskil,

you can setup global templates like this:
http://rifers.org/wiki/display/RIFE/Type+specific+default+resource +bundles

This is currently the only way within RIFE to have localized text without setting a resource bundle explicitly. Having your own base element is of course also a good solution.

Best regards,

Geert