Hi,

> if our telephone network supports VOIP and SIP accounts, it would be possible
> to make landline and other calls through Ring, right?

Yes, we use it internally at SFL with SIP (with an Asterisk server),

About security, Ring simply acts as a normal SIP client when using SIP
accounts, independent from Ring accounts.
SIP accounts in Ring support using custom TLS certificates/CA for SIPS and
SRTP.

Best regards,

Adrien Beraud
Savoir-faire Linux

if our telephone network supports VOIP and SIP accounts, it would be possible
to make landline and other calls through Ring, right?

What do i have to consider here:

-secrecy/privacy

-costs ...

all the best!