Hi,

On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 10:39:47AM +0200, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> What does that mean?  I can try reseating the USB again, but if that
> doesn't work, it could be the USB is fried?

Try the USB stick in a "normal" PC and see whether it can be formatted
there.  I recently had one of mine completely break - the stick could be
seen, but it was empty and all write access failed.

I'm not sure what the Atlas v3 does with its USB stick, but this is the
number one problem issue...  maybe a new firmware version could be designed
that has more advanced flash handling (like, ubifs instead of "normal"
filesystems) and falls back to "not use flash if the flash is broken".

What I see with my probes is that the aim of the flash buffer ("we can
store measurement results if we can't upload them to the control server
due to network outages etc." -> less probability of result loss) is
actually backfiring into "extended downtimes of probes due to USB breakage
of probes in locations where you can't just-so swap the USB flash"...
(two of my 3 v3 probes have had virtually no network outages since they
are operating, and the central servers also had few outages - but both
have been down for weeks because I just had no time to go out, buy a
new flash drive, and *drive over* to replace it - once again)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279