Thanks for the information. It seems to me that the comparison on failures
between TCP and UDP make no sense at this moment.

Davey

发件人: ripe-atlas [mailto:ripe-atlas-boun...@ripe.net] 代表 Tom
发送时间: 2017年5月9日 16:33
收件人: ripe-atlas@ripe.net
主题: Re: [atlas] Many timeout-failures for DNS over TCP

For reference, it still appears on https://atlas.ripe.net/ for me -

Tom

May 9, 2017 9:14 AM, w.b.devr...@utwente.nl wrote:

Hi Davey,

There used to be a message on the atlas.ripe.net frontpage, I retrieved it from
google cache:

Due to an unfortunate bug in a recent probe firmware (version 4760), TCP based
DNS measurements are not providing correct results. This affects all ongoing
and one-off measurements.

The issue also affected DNSMON measurements between 14-23 March. On 23 March we
deployed a corrected firmware on RIPE Atlas anchors (version 4770), and in the
near future we'll deploy it on regular probes as well.

Our excuses for the inconvenience caused!​

So any probe that is still on version 4760 will provide timeouts for TCP DNS
lookups.

Cheers,

Wouter

  _____