On 2021/04/06 17:04 , Will wrote:

To the extend that you would like secure geolocation in presence of a malicious probe, it would make sense to me to start with documenting the protocol you would like to use.

The current way of geolocating probes works by having to probe report round trip times to a number locations. Obviously, a malicious probe could report any rtt value.

I'm sure we can come up with a protocol if we have a sufficient number of trusted servers. However, such a protocol would need to be documented and deployed on those servers.

Philip