On 2021-08-09 13:47, Thomas Schäfer wrote:
Dear atlas team,

I have a simple question. After crating a measurement how often the name of the target is resolved?

E.g. I want to ping a target with a stable dyndns name, but with changing ip addresses.

It seems to me that most probes don't refresh the ip address once the measurement has started, even it is just a daily ping.

Regards,
Thomas

Hello,

If you expect that the target IP will change, you can ask the system to do the DNS resolution every time on the probe by enabling the "Resolve on Probe" flag in your mesasurement. This also works with dynamic DNS names that change frequently (or even every time).

Regards,
Robert