On 2021/08/09 13:47 , Thomas Schäfer wrote:
I have a simple question. After crating a measurement how often the name of the target is resolved?

E.g. I want to ping a target with a stable dyndns name, but with changing ip addresses.

It seems to me that most probes don't refresh the ip address once the measurement has started, even it is just a daily ping.

There is an option in the measurement specification called 'Resolve on Probe'. Without this option, the name is resolved when the measurement specification is submitted and probe's target a fixed IP address.

With 'Resolve on Probe', the probe will try to resolve the name each time it performs the measurement.

Philip