HBi,

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 03:43:29PM +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Gert Doering <g...@space.net> writes:
> > On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 03:23:24PM +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> >> Using RFC1918 on links in your own network is fine. And having
> >> them show up in traceroutes is a feature.
> >
> > s/feature/sign of sloppy network design, and a RFC1918 violation/
>
> Sorry for being slow. but I need a direct reference to the paragraph
> this violates.

Section 5:

   It is strongly recommended that routers which connect enterprises to
   external networks are set up with appropriate packet and routing
   filters at both ends of the link in order to prevent packet and
   routing information leakage.

I think that speaks very clearly about "you can do in your network
whatever you want, but nobody else wants to see that"

Given the age of the document, the language used to be less STRONG
back then.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Michael Emmer
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279