On 24/06/2022 03:21, Phillip Remaker wrote:

There are a number of satellite providers for boats/ships: viasat, inmarsat, speedcast, marlink, navarino, kvh, thrane, iridium, hughes and probably others I am missing. I seem to remember that Maxmind and others used some sort of ad-hoc country code like XX to signify an IP associated with an area not covered by a country.

-Hank

I don;t know who gets to decide such a thing, but I think it's a great idea as long as it is appropriately tagged. Diversity of deployed probes is helpful.