These are much more expensive than Starlink I would think.

el

On 2022-06-24 07:27 , Hank Nussbacher wrote:
On 24/06/2022 03:21, Phillip Remaker wrote:

There are a number of satellite providers for boats/ships: viasat,
inmarsat, speedcast, marlink, navarino, kvh, thrane, iridium, hughes
and probably others I am missing.  I seem to remember that Maxmind and
others used some sort of ad-hoc country code like XX to signify an IP
associated with an area not covered by a country.

-Hank
[...]
--
Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse   \         /       Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
e...@lisse.na             / *      |  Telephone: +264 81 124 6733 (cell)