Hi,

On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 10:12:31PM +0100, Ernst J. Oud wrote:
> One of my ISP???s had an outage today, which made my probe on that connection
> report the disconnect by email. Fine, but the question popped up why a probe
> cannot be configured to send an email when it is able to connect again. Could
> this be implemented in the future perhaps?

Yes, please.

For me, this is one of the most annoying misfeatures of ATLAS today - I
get notified "it went down" just fine, but if this happens, like, at
night (due to a DSL outage at the site where the probe lives) it might
be all fine again when I see the "down!" mail.

So, I go to the Atlas portal to see "is it really down, like, USB flash
broken again?" and no, it says "nah, it was fine all the time, except
for those 5 minutes".

So, having a "it's back!" mail - for bonus points, threaded to the "down!"
mail - would really really improve an old man's grumpy mood.

Wasting enough time every day on needless chores that computers are
supposedly good in automating.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Michael Emmer
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279