Dear RIPE Community members,

During the RIPE GM in Dubai, I raised the question if it is possible to provide
the WG (co-) Chairs, with a free meeting voucher for the RIPE meeting.

As some of you know, the WG Chairs are present on almost all RIPE meetings, but
there is no compensation of any kind for any of the work they put into running
the meeting, minutes, agenda’s etc.

The only ‘benefit’ of picking up the WG Chair hat … is a WG Chair lunch
somewhere during the RIPE meeting … and most of the RIPE WG’s are pretty active
and do require actual time and work in order to prepare and keep the WG running
between the RIPE meetings.

I asked the Executive Board during the GM, if it is possible to add a RIPE
meeting voucher for the RIPE WG Chairs as compensation.

Every new LIR is getting 2 free vouchers for the RIPE meeting. I think it would
be a small gesture to provide the RIPE WG Chairs with a RIPE Meeting ticket for
the meeting that they attend as RIPE WG Chair.

Intention: If a new WG Chair is selected, he/she will receive a voucher for the
next RIPE meeting once the new set of RIPE free ticket spam is being send
around the opening of the registration for the next meeting.
It is not the intention to get/provide a credit for the meeting that the person
is already attending and get selected as a Chair. ( to keep things simple. )

Regards,
Erik Bais