+1

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: ripe-list <ripe-list-boun...@ripe.net> en nombre de Stuart Gilbertson |
Consider IT Limited <stuart.gilbert...@considerit.co.uk>
Fecha: jueves, 18 de enero de 2018, 18:14
Para: Sander Steffann <san...@steffann.nl>
CC: RIPE List <ripe-list@ripe.net>
Asunto: Re: [ripe-list] Follow up on the Dubai AGM - RIPE WG Chair meeting
vouchers

    > It would however show some appreciation and recognition for all the work
the chairs do in their spare time, and I think my fellow working group chairs
deserve that.

    Agree 100%.

    All the best,
    Stuart

    Stuart Gilbertson
    Consider IT Limited
    Superior IT Support

    www.considerit.co.uk <http://www.considerit.co.uk/>
    0131 510 0110

    Please Note: This e-mail and any files that may be attached to it are for
the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or
legally privileged information and is strictly confidential.
    If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
sender by replying to this message. In the event that you are not the intended
recipient, you must not directly or indirectly copy, print, or otherwise
disseminate this message in full or in part.
    Consider IT Ltd takes reasonable steps to ensure that our e-mails are
virus-free, and in any event, accept no liability, either for any alterations
made to this e-mail by third parties, or any viruses that it may contain,
howsoever arising.
    Consider IT Ltd reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through its networks.

except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state
them to be the views of any such entity.

    On 18 January 2018 at 17:10, Sander Steffann <san...@steffann.nl> wrote:

    Hi Erik,

    As I'm stepping down as a chair next meeting I have no benefit from this,
so I think I can speak without any conflict of interest.

    > The only ‘benefit’ of picking up the WG Chair hat … is a WG Chair lunch
somewhere during the RIPE meeting

    You mean that lunch that chairs use to do work for the community instead of
talking to their customers/friends/etc ;)

    > I asked the Executive Board during the GM, if it is possible to add a
RIPE meeting voucher for the RIPE WG Chairs as compensation.

    Considering that being a chair involves work (depending on the working
group it may be a different amount, but all chairs do work and have
responsibilities) and that the ticket price is only a smaller part of the total
cost (flights, hotel etc cost more than the meeting ticket) I think it would be
a nice token.

    I don't think this will make people dependent on the NCC as Jim fears, or
that people will suddenly become chair just to get a relatively small discount
on the total price of traveling to and attending a RIPE meeting, or that it
would influence how the working groups select their chairs in any other way.

    It would however show some appreciation and recognition for all the work
the chairs do in their spare time, and I think my fellow working group chairs
deserve that.

    Cheers,
    Sander

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.consulintel.es
The IPv6 Company

confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the
individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if
partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be
considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly
prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the
original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.