> On 2 Mar 2020, at 18:33, Elmar K. Bins <e...@4ever.de> wrote:
>
> In all honesty? There are a lot more flu infections (and more deaths, every
> single year), so...why the fuss?

IIUC one of the concerns is Covid19 is much more effective at infecting people
than regular flu. While it may not be much of an issue if a few RIPE people get
infected, they may well infect other (more vulnerable?) people when they return
home. Assuming someone spreads coronavirus ar RIPE80. That sort of calculation
will presumably be part of the risk assessment which I expect the NCC will
carry out in due course. It's not just a question of "can people get sick at
RIPE80?". A bigger question is "will RIPE80 be a vector to spread coronavirus?".

I agree the risks (hype?) may well be over-stated. However we have a duty to be
responsible and take proper account of the advice from the public health
authorities.