Daniel Karrenberg wrote on 02/03/2020 20:00:
I know first hand that the RIPE NCC and the RIPE Chair are in the process of updating the risk assessment for RIPE80 and evaluating options. As usual: should current plans change you will hear it here first. Please return to more appropriate fora to discuss generalities. We can discuss again when/if alternatives to the current plan emerge.

The RIPE NCC's current meeting plans are documented here:

https://www.ripe.net/participate/meetings/coronavirus-update

Agreed that it's probably best to leave the armchair epidemiology to other forums.

Nick