Sehr verehrte Kollegen,

As many of you know the Internet Society makes a yearly award to ‘to an individual or organization that has made outstanding and sustained contributions in service to the Internet community’. ’The award is focused on sustained and substantial technical contributions, service to the community, and leadership. Concerning leadership, the nominating committee places particular emphasis on candidates who have supported and enabled others in their work.’

https://www.internetsociety.org/grants-and-awards/postel-service-award/

The most recent recipient of this honour from our region has been our former chairman Rob Blokzijl back in 2015. So maybe you can think of another worthy person to nominate?

Gruss,

Daniel

PS: On a similar but different note: We have our own RIPE award too and plan to present another one at the spring RIPE meeting next year. At the moment we are looking for volunteers for the award committee which will make the selection. https://rob-blokzijl-foundation.org/2021/05/11/2021-award-committee/ . We have some volunteers already. However, some younger people outside the group of long-timers would be very welcome. If you feel connected to RIPE at all, do not hesitate to come forward. There is no requirement for grey hair!

PPS: This is worthwhile and interesting work. I find it fascinating to learn about ’special’ people and their contributions.