Wombat;684041 Wrote:
> I do an offline backup to an 2,5" USB 3.0 drive. It is stored savely and
> fast. Imagine one overvoltage will kill your NAS together with your main
> PC!? NIGHTMARE!
Just another word in support of keeping an off-site backup. Wombat
mentions an overvoltage (eg, lightning strike) that could take out the
backup on your NAS along with your main library on the pc. Other risks
to consider are fire, theft, flood. If you value any of the time you
spent ripping those CDs and tagging and tweaking the tags, get a USB
external drive to keep a backup and leave it off-site, such as at work,
at a friend's or relative's place, or even a bank safe deposit box. Then
periodically update it, say, monthly.

--
aubuti