I got 3 copies of my music (260 GB).

1. on my music server
2. on my stationary
3. Got a 1 TB WD Passport as external backup at work

I perform ripping and tag cleanup on my stationary.
Then I copy changes to my music server.. sometimes using TotalCommander
Synchronize Directories functionality.

When it is relevant I bring the Passport home to be updated.

As a sideeffect I can listen to my music at work using LMS and
SqueezeSlave

--
slate

Main: Receiver (Audiocom) -> Beresford Caiman+ (Gatorized) -> Carver
A-500x -> B&W 704
Office: Receiver -> Luxman L-210 -> Stax SR84 Pro
-> Beresford Caiman (Gatorized) -> Superlux HD668B
Server: Zotac IONITX-A, 4 GB, 1 TB WD EADS, Win7 w. 7.6 (SQLite w. High
Mem)
Tied together by D-Link DIR-655 + DGS-1008D